A junior golfer with dreams of being in the LPGA, an academic achiever making honor roll, a young girl who enjoyed her family, friends, and life. These are some of the things that made Caitlin Brondolo who she was. Caitlin spent every Saturday with her Dad practicing golf, and taking lessons. She won many South Florida junior tournaments and was on her way to reaching her goal of being a great golfer. Everything changed in May 2009, when Caitlin was on a sleepover at a friend’s house. A car was left running in the enclosed garage and Caitlin and her best friend both died due to carbon monoxide poisoning.
The Brondolo family wanted to carry on the spirit of giving that was so prevalent in their eldest daughter, so they began the Caitlin Brondolo Charitable Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to create awareness and prevention of carbon monoxide poisoning and also to help children in need. The foundation holds an annual golf tournament each year to raise funds for scholarships, and for their “Safe Home/Safe Baby” campaign. This campaign is in conjunction with Boca Raton Regional Hospital and it ensures that each parent of a newborn goes home with a carbon monoxide detector. “If we can keep homes and children safe from this odorless, colorless gas, then we can prevent other families from enduring a tragedy like ours”, commented Jill Brondolo, Caitlin’s Mother.
The Caitlin Brondolo Charitable Foundation invites all golfers, corporate sponsors, and community members to come out to the 4th Annual Caitlin Brondolo Golf Tournament on Friday, June 21, 2013, at Broken Sound Country Club. For registration information, please contact event coordinator Shelly Devino (561) 482-0026. If you would like to learn more about Caitlin’s life, and how the foundation is impacting lives, please visit www.caitlinfoundation.org