Paving a productive, positive path for the golf industry in 2013, the PGA Merchandise Show concluded today its 60th anniversary celebration. Product presentations, equipment testing, buying, selling, Golf 2.0 discussions, networking and special events designed to set the table for a successful 2013 business cycle. The South Florida Golf Magazine has chosen the top 5 products in each category and within the next few days will be unveiling the winners. Our criteria was based on overall performance, function and peoples’ reaction (traffic) during the demo day as well as the 3 days of the PGA Merchandise Show. Here is our first selection: Golf Drivers.
- R1 Driver – Taylormade Golf. A (2+) hour wait was in hand to be able to test and see this year’s vedette of the PGA Merchandise Show. With a shipping date of February 1st and already a ton on PGA, European and Asian Tour players using it, no wonder it was a crowd favorite. The Taylormade R1 golf driver can be adjusted to any loft from 8* to 12* degrees, any lie and of course open, close and neutral positions making it one driver model that can be tuned to fit Tour pros and amateurs alike.(Our review available in 3 weeks)
- Exotics XCG6 Driver -Tour Edge. We were really impressed by both looks and performance of the new golf driver out of Tour Edge’s arsenal. The driver can also be adjusted and during our pre-test in the driving range scored very high marks in categories like distance, stability and control. (our review available next week). The Exotics XCG6 Driver wins our overall in performance.
- Covert Driver – Nike Golf. You’ll find plenty of visuals and performance upgrades on the new Covert driver: bold Ferrari red paint, the unmistakable ‘Swoosh’ on the crown and large cavity, pushing perimeter weighting to its limits. The driver sure was a crow favorite during the demo day and is sure to be a winner on the PGA Tour. (review pending)
- AMP Cell – Cobra Golf. Cobra Golf knows how to entice the crowd during the PGA Merchandise show and this year was not an exception. The AMP CELL model has a 460cc head with a lower, more neutral CG position. To treat you better players, we’ve also included AMP CELL™ and E9 Face Technology™ (because a little forgiveness goes a long way). (Our review available in 2 weeks)
- G25 Driver – Ping Golf. For everyone from beginners to Tour players, the combination of a large, forgiving head, Trajectory Tuning™ Technology, and a speed-generating shaft makes the adjustable G25 golf driver a sound choice for improving distance and accuracy off the tee. (review pending)